Monday 3 June 2013

Day 32 León to Villar de Mazarife

It was really lovely to wake up in my own room this morning. I had no intentions of rushing as I was planning a short day. The plans went out the window and I ended up doing 22km's.

When Jayne said goodbye to me last night, she wondered if she would ever see me again. I said to her that we will meet up before she finishes the Camino.  
I left the hotel around 8:45am after breakfast.
I took a few pics as I left León, walking like a snail as I was only planning about 12km's.

On the outskirts of town I bumped into Jayne, she planned to leave early and it just did not happen.
I told her I would walk with her until the Camino split as I was not going far.  We got to the split and I did not feel like being alone walking along a path next to the main road.
I agreed to walk with her and complete the entire journey of 22km's.  
It was a beautiful day so why not enjoy the scenery. 
The walk amongst the wild flowers and beautiful fields was just what I needed.
I was pleased I did this as another Camino friend Laura took the other route and apparently the municipal Albergue in one of the towns was bug infested and they slept in a field after 11pm. Lots and lots of fun.

When I got to Chozas de Abajo my left foot was really sore and I needed to do another 4.6km's. I stopped and performed a quick foot massage. Then I was on the road to finish it. 
We got to Villar de Mazarife around 2pm and checked in at Albergue Casa de Jesús. We arrived the same time as a German couple and got a room for 4 people, much to my delight. It only cost 5 Euro for the night, they make their money on food and drinks.

I wondered through the quiet town with very little going on.  I must say, it  is not always easy walking again after 22km's.

Jayne and I did a quick shop for padkos. 
The Albergue got really noisy this evening so I headed to our quiet room.

Vilar de Mazarife is a pilgrim friendly village, the grocery store is called Frutas de Camino de Santiago. The church is dedicated to St. James.

That's it for today.





























1 comment:

  1. Wow you are really doing well with the distances. I love these pictures - especially the one with the walkers on the road and the snow capped mountains as the backdrop. We have had a massive storm here in Cape Town - I am sure Rob must have told you how it looked as if it snowed in Sea Point! Happy walking!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be appreciated, please sign your name after your message.