Saturday 8 June 2013

Day 38 Molinaseca to Ponferrada

 I woke up this morning with stiff muscles, sore joints and a toe needing flip flops.
After the 20km's of mountains yesterday, I decided to take it easy. I was overdue for a short walk again. 
I used the road out of Molinaseca instead of the path to help the toe a bit. The big problem when you walk in a different way other muscles take strain.  I have taken the sign to slow down a bit.
I met a group of Italians along the way, lovely connecting with them for a few km's. It helps if you love Italy as much as I do.
I walked into the beautiful town of Ponferrada and checked in at La Encina for the night. I walked around in the town a little and simply chilled out.  It was cold with the odd shower.
I sat in the bar in the early evening for a drink and tapas. I chatted to some local Spanish people. In the bigger cities they can speak English. It's really incredible what I am learning from other cultures.
I walked around the corner to an Italian restaurant as I needed pizza. A French lady and her mother invited me to join them, we had a lovely dinner together. 
It's been a day of blessings again, I just seem to attract the right people at the right time.
I wonder what tomorrow will bring.


























1 comment:

  1. It is as if we are with you without the physical part. Your pics and the commentary gives us such a wonderful idea of what you are experiencing, the wonderful scenery, old buildings and the different people along the way. Always looking forward to the next blog.
    Lots of love Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be appreciated, please sign your name after your message.