Friday 7 June 2013

Day 36 El Ganso to Foncebadón

This morning a few people were up at 6am. I had a bit of a stomach ailment in the night, just as well I had my drugs with me.
I set off in the rain with Iris and Colston, they were moving at a fair rate. I managed to use the funky yellow raincoat today, clearly designed for the rain in Spain.

After approx 7km's, some of it in the  rain we arrived in Rabanal del Camino. We stopped for coffee and needed to remove the rain gear.
Rabanal is a beautiful Camino village, in some ways I wished I stayed there last night. The walk through the town was just amazing, I took a few pics.
Then came the steep climb over Monte Irago, the views were spectacular despite all the clouds. 
A German Shepard joined us on the walk, he had apparently been walking with a Spanish women for days.
On the way up Monte Irago I found Carole again, her backpack was sent to the Convent in Foncebadón. We all walked together for a while until we arrived in Foncebadón. A few of the Albergue's were still closed as we got in before 12pm
I was the only one in the group to check in at Albergue Monte Irago, a beautiful old stone house. It seemed like nobody else liked it.  My time to be free again and chill.
All I could see was a vegetarian menu and bowl of nice soup going out to a table. I ordered the vegetarian meal for dinner and paid as I booked in.
I showered and headed down in search of that soup, it was so nice that I could have stolen the entire pot. It seemed like Carole was enjoying the soup as well. We had a lovely chat, it ended up turning into a business chat. Yet another positive move in the right direction. 
I met Liz and Zane in my dorm and the two of them are in their 20's from the States.
We walked around the town and popped in at most of the bars. It was good to have some young energy around me today.
Dinner was divine, I had the vegetarian paella, homemade to perfection. I sat at the table with Liz, a middle aged lady and couple of guys  from the States, they had just finished their final year of school.
It's really interesting meeting people from all over the world. I feel so enriched by everything that is happening to me.
Today I was wondering how I can slow my Camino journey down, I suddenly realised I am moving into the last leg of the journey.
At this stage I have to keep going.





























5 comments:

  1. Love the pics! you are looking so well! I don't think I have ever seen you with so much hair on your head! LOL! but I suppose it helps keep your head warm. I love all the stone cottages. Keep up the good walking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing pictures despite the weather, scenery is beautiful, hope it has now warmed up!! Looking well and happy what an incredible experience you are having keep strong and happy walking! Very proud of you love Mom & Dad xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the funky yellow rain gear. Looks like the kind that fits you back pack. My commen5s are not always being posted but I am still living my Camino through you so keep up the great work. Meme

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pic's and I nice group photo. The experiences translate into memories, never to be forgotten.
    Enjoy,
    Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my! Idk how I feel about the first pic with Zane and I...must have been a bad angle! Really love, the good side plz ;-) Love the blog, miss you! Muah <3

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be appreciated, please sign your name after your message.