Sunday 16 June 2013

Day 46 Mercadoiro to Gonzar

This morning I started off slowly after a rather hectic night with fellow   Pilgrims. We celebrated passing the 100km marker. At least Spanish wine and beer do not have same affect as the SA ones.

As usual I was the last to leave the dorm. Then I found Alex, Nancy and Resi having breakfast. I joined them and ended up leaving with them. That was the start of a very slow day as none of us were in the mood to walk.

3km's down the line we were in Vilachá. I looked up and found the South African flag outside Albergue Banderas. At the gate there was fudge for sale. I popped in and met a South African lady and her partner helping out at the Albergue. It was really great to chat for a bit. The only thing they did not have was biltong and that's all I wanted.
After about 45 minutes we finally walked on again.

We arrived in Portomarín about 30 minutes later and we were hungry. We found a restaurant to feed our faces. It just so happened a classic car show was on the go, this reminded me of my friend Brian De Villiers. I took a couple of pics.

I told the guys that I was not going far and only planned another 8km's making the total for the day 13.4km's.

Nancy and I walked ahead of Resi and Alex. 
We got to Gonzar at about 1:30pm.
We checked into Albergue Casa Garcia, rather a well maintained Albergue. It's a pity they did not have wifi, at least the bar up the road had it. The food was however really good.

Today was a real Sunday on the Camino, I think we all needed it.





























1 comment:

  1. Could not sign the previous comment. 84 k,s to go, scary to think you are on thievery last leg of the Camino. Love the old cars as Brian & co will. Had a lovely father,s day with the family and Lauren and thanks for the good wishes and good book.
    Love Mom and Dad.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be appreciated, please sign your name after your message.