Thursday 13 June 2013

Day 43 Biduedo to Samos

The rain in Spain falls mainly in Galacia.  That's what I am told and true to form it was raining this morning.
I packed out the necessary gear, for the slippery downhill. It's hilarious what you have to do to stay dry.
I enjoyed some toast and cheese before I left. The owner of the Casa kindly pulled my raincoat contraption over me and the backpack.
I set off at around 8:15am, rather a long walk down to Triacastela as I did it slowly, protecting the knees as much as possible.
I stopped and took off the contraption as the rain had stopped. A drink and some food was welcomed after 7km's of walking.
I met Mary from Australia with her pilgrim family, we walked a little together and then I walked on as my pace was faster.
I walked out of town and took the longer route, it was on the side of road to start with but then the path veered off into the forests and that was beautiful.
It was so peaceful to be alone listening to birds and river flowing. I know this is one of my last quiet times on the Camino as many people will arrive in Sarria tomorrow to start the Camino.
I walked through San Cristobo, Renche, Lastires and San Martiño. The smallest villages I have ever seen.
The views of the Monastery coming down in Samos were beautiful. It was fortunately not misty at mid day.
I could not enter the monastery as they require a minimum of 5 people to enter. I walked around the town and took a few pics.
It just so happens that Marcus and Anneke are staying in the same Albergue as I am. 
We enjoyed a pilgrim dinner together.































2 comments:

  1. The monastery is absolutely beautiful - what a pity you were not able to enter. I just love these pics Darren - everything is so green and lush looking.
    LOL! I think your beard is not longer than the hair on your head....love the woolly look! Keep up with the walking - you seem to be having such a great time, really inspiring.
    Lots of Love and hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Countryside & buildings are so stunning - what a beautiful part of the world you are in bob :) Your pics really do tell a story. Very inspiring...you are having an amazing experience! Enjoy & have fun, lots of love bob xxx

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be appreciated, please sign your name after your message.