Friday 17 May 2013

Day 16 Redecilla del Camino to Belorado

The 16th day in a row for walking had arrived. Wake up, eat, shower, pack and go.
This morning I was not in the mood when I saw the weather outside and   the weather report showing 2 degrees.
In my mind I knew we were only walking 12km's as Meme leaves by bus from Belorado tomorrow.
All dressed up in rain gear we headed out into the wet weather.
Most of the path was next to the main road but never the less not bad.
We walked through Castildelgado a very small town with a population of 80 people. There was nothing going on at all.
We carried on walking for another 1.8km's and arrived in Viloria de la Rioja the birth place of Saint Dominic. Yet again very little going on, seems normal for these towns.
As usual we walked on through another quiet town called Villamajor del Río. The rain started again, packed the camera away in its rain proof bag, hood on and head down.

While I walked in the cold wind and rain I was thinking about where I would rather be at that moment. A lot of things came to mind. Then I thought to myself, "I am exactly where I want to be". Every single day on the Camino not matter what the weather, you have all the time in the world to soul search.  

We just walked on to Belorado, at least this town had something going on and we managed to find food at an Albergue restaurant at the entrance of the town.
After feeding our faces we walked into town and checked in at Casa Rural Verdeancho.
It's a very a nice relaxed place and they have a washing machine and tumble dryer.

Belorado is a lovely town with the 16th century Church of Santa María. The storks have their nests on the church, an interesting sight.
We walked into the church, it was beautiful. 

It feels like I am starting a new Camino tomorrow. Time to go solo again and see where it takes me.























4 comments:

  1. I am memorized by the buildings. I would probably want to spend ages just staring. Going solo, may be difficult initially but that is also part of the journey. Very often, you may find yourself with someone but you are still solo! It's is your journey ..... Wo knows you may find another walking buddy along the way. Good luck Gillian

    ReplyDelete
  2. The weather will not let up, but you are made of stern stuff so forge ahead. A pity that Meme will be leaving, maybe another chapter during your pilgrimage

    ReplyDelete
  3. Going solo again...sure we as "blog-travellers" will all miss Meme as she became part of "our journey" with you. Loved the dirty tekkies - it tells a story of its own. Strongs for tomorrow D! Louise Triegaardt

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be appreciated, please sign your name after your message.