Saturday 18 May 2013

Day 17 Belorado (Rest day)

Day 17 Belorado (Rest day)

Today I woke up with a sore throat.
It forced me to have a rest day and I am very grateful I did it. The temperatures this morning were extremely low and doubt it got much over 12 degrees today.

After Meme and I had breakfast, it was time to say our final goodbyes. 
It's was a tearful goodbye but I know we will see each other again.
We have spent many wonderful days together. The support we received from one another was truly amazing.
I cannot describe how much we have learnt from one another. If this was my last Camino day, I would go home understanding the reasons I needed to do it.
Meme is a friend for life, that much we both know.
The world is a small place and fortunately we have Facebook to keep in contact.

Today I have spent most of the day in my room and popped out briefly to buy food and enjoy a coffee. I am fortunate to have brought my meds with me, so hopefully I feel a lot better in the morning.
I must say, I do not like the idea of a break, it just feels so odd.  It's probably because I am in the habit of walking now and I love it.
For me it's better to walk 5km's than nothing at all.

Anyway, not a large amount of news for this day.




1 comment:

  1. A rest today you will find a wise move, recharging the battery and giving the throat a chance to recover. Great to learn that Meme and you bonded so well. You will find other companions on the way, each one different.
    Love Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be appreciated, please sign your name after your message.