Thursday 30 May 2013

Day 29 Sahagún to El Burgo Ranero

I was told last night my washing would only be ready at 8am this morning. That ended any ideas of an early morning. I suppose that was a good thing as the extra sleep helped somewhat. 

I was on the road by 8:15am.
Took a nice stroll through the town, walked over the old Roman bridge and took a few pics of the river Cea.
The sun was up but as usual the cold wind was blowing.
I walked along the poplar grove past the camping site to the national roads.

I took the route I planned on doing, not a very picturesque route. 
I stopped in Bercianos del Real Camino for something to eat.
I was very hungry as I did not have much breakfast. Toasted ham and cheese just like the old days. My Mom used to make snackwiches for us when we were kids, felt like I just got home from school. Ah, dream on, that was many years ago. It reminded me of how time really moves at such a rapid pace.
I needed to walk another 7.5km's and find a bed for the night. 
I then headed down the path again for the final walk of the day. It was not very exciting at all.
After a total of 18km's I was finally in El Burgo Ranero. 
I checked in at Albergue La Laguna for a total of 8 Euro, I was allocated a bottom bunk in a room with 8 beds.
I went for shower and got something to eat.

That's my short story for the day.




























3 comments:

  1. Love the new wind kissed rugged look. Missing you big hug xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that you half reached beyond half way it is almost as if it is strategy time. We detect a change in your mood which is a good thing. You are making us all very proud.
    Enjoy every moment?
    Love, Mom and Dad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I am in love with that bridge - it is beautiful and I can picture horses and carriages travelling over it!
    You are getting really good at taking self portraits! Love the wild and woolly look! keep it up. lots of love!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be appreciated, please sign your name after your message.